To nurture the new generation of Knitwear designers, to promote Hong Kong’s Knitwear design and manufacturing capabilities and to enhance our hometown as a world wool procurement hub.
- The finals will be in the form of fashion show.
- Participants are required to submit the knitting design graphics, which are to be judged by a judging panel comprising of Knitwear Innovation and Design Society Executive Committee members and industry professionals.
- Preliminary shortlisted designers are required to produce five sets of clothing, which will be displayed on the award ceremony and some industry related exhibitions.
- Age at 30 or below;
- Experienced at knitwear design; Entry forms must be proved with the school seal if the participant is a Knitwear Fashion Design student.
- All participants must attain a vendor or corporate sponsorship which is agreed to manufacture the knitwear products according to the designs. Our society will express a token of gratitude to all sponsorship parties. Applicants can temporarily blank the sponsorship information if a sponsorship is not firmed yet at the time of form submission. But all finalists MUST be able to get one manufacturer agreed for the production of their designs and submit the sponsorship information to the General Assembly.
6th September 2019
Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre
Grand Hall Level 3
1 Expo Drive
Wan Chai, Hong Kong
- Champion winner will get a cash prize of HKD$20,000,
- 1st runner up winner will get a cash prize of HKD$10,000,
- 2nd runner up winner will get a cash prize of HKD$5,000.
- Shima Seiki Award winner will get a one week internship at Shima Seiki (Hong Kong) Limited’s Japan head quarter which is located in Wakayama with Round-trip ticket, meals and accommodation.
- Best Use of Australian Merino Wool Award winner will have a 7-10 days trip to Australia to learn about Australian Merino Wool with Round-trip ticket and accommodation.
Completed application forms (download here) accompanied by designs must be submitted on or before 18:00 on May 31, 2019.
Knitwear Innovation & Design Society
Flat J/K/L, 12/F., Valiant Industrial Centre,
2-12 Au Pui Wan Street, Fotan, N.T., Hong Kong
Attn : Ms Hayley Chow
Tel: (852) 6039-7174
Email for inquires: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Designs must be genuine, self-produced and no plagiarism is allowed; the application series can be SS/FW, male / female woolen series.
- Designs submitted by participants must be with the followings:
- Five designs (Please use A3 size to facilitate collection of works by the General Assembly); Each design must have at least 80% of range being knitting;
- Theme of the series, design framework, seasons, and source of inspiration;
- Each design is explained in detail with text on the material selection, number of needles, weave structure, and usage of colors;
- Designs shall be with full-color, do not write any text or sign on the designs;
- Can provide cloth pieces and swatches to assist explanation (do not submit three-dimensional works).
- All submitted entries must be produced according to the preliminary entry designs. Our society reserves the right to reject/disqualify the eligibility if the final production does not match with the original design.
- All finalists are required to attend photographing activities, ceremony rehearsal and other promotional activities arranged.
- Our Society will reserves all rights on the performances, publication and presentation of the winning and selected works. In addition, we reserve all copyright of photos and videos during the competition, and are entitled to use and generate the photographs and videos in any forms without any copyright fees payable to contestants.
- Our society will process and keep all competition products meticulously but is not responsible for any damages or losses.
- All works and documents submitted will not be returned.
- Judging panel will assess all works according to the overall design appearance, creativity, knitting technology application and market value.